Masturbation means giving yourself sexual pleasure by stimulating your own body, especially the vagina, clitoris, penis, nipples or anus, with your hands. You can also masturbate using objects, like a dildo or a vibrator (sex toys). Be careful not to harm yourself. Feel free to experiment and figure out what you like.
Masturbation is not harmful. Many men and women masturbate. You can also masturbate when you are in a relationship.
You can masturbate in different ways. For example:
- Caress your nipples, penis, scrotum and buttocks.
- Hold the penis loosely and move your hand back and forth.
- Varying the movements in speed, rhythm and intensity.
If you are circumcised, it is best to use a lubricant such as a vaseline or a special lubricant that does not contain oil (water-based). Never use vaseline in combination with a condom. It can damage the condom.
- Caress the vagina, clitoris, labia, nipples, breasts, buttocks.
- Put your fingers in your vagina and move them around.
- Vary the movements in speed, rhythm and intensity.
Partners can also masturbate each other. They can do this by using their mouths, hands and sexual organs to give pleasure to the other person.